What are Acoustic Louvres?
Acoustic louvres are specialised architectural elements designed to control and reduce noise levels in buildings or industrial settings. They are primarily used to mitigate the transmission of sound through ventilation systems while allowing for adequate airflow.
Sound louvres consist of a series of angled blades or slats arranged horizontally or vertically within a frame. These blades are typically made of sound-absorbing materials such as metal or composite panels with perforations or other sound-dampening features. The angle and spacing of the blades are carefully designed to maximise sound absorption and minimise sound transmission.
When sound waves pass through the louvres, the angled blades cause the sound energy to scatter, reflecting it away from the louvres. Additionally, the sound-absorbing materials within the louvres help to absorb and dissipate the remaining sound energy, further reducing its transmission. Generally, the louvres are rain resistant and can be used across a range of different building applications.
When to Use Acoustic Louvres
Acoustic louvres are commonly used in applications where noise control is crucial, such as HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) systems, industrial facilities, power plants, mechanical rooms, and areas located near highways or airports. By incorporating acoustic louvres into the ventilation system or as standalone elements, they help to maintain a comfortable and quiet indoor environment while allowing for adequate ventilation and airflow.
When your building or structure requires not only optimal natural airflow but maximal noise reduction, Airocle’s range provides the perfect, innovative solution.
Benefits of Acoustic Louvres
- Noise Reduction: We offer an optimum reduction in surrounding noise levels and our louvres are scientifically tested to achieve the highest acoustic performances
- Sustainable: A natural, environmentally sustainable solution using efficient design coupled with sound scientific principles
- Custom Made: Our louvres are custom-made to suit your building and ventilation needs. We have several finishes and materials to match your architectural requirements
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Our louvres are aesthetically designed to blend into and improve the exterior of your existing structure or building
- Weather Proofing: We offer the highest standard of weatherproofing options for maximum protection. Dust filters, rain sensors and 2-stage louvres can all be incorporated into your existing or new structures
- Energy Efficient: All of our products are built with the highest quality of materials meaning that energy usage and associated costs are reduced in your structure or workplace. Once installed, they can operate with little to no maintenance or running costs
- Security: Rest assured that security is of the highest priority when it comes to our acoustic louvres
Airocle Acoustic Louvres
Based on over 30 years of research and development, Airocle’s range of acoustic louvres has been designed to maximise natural airflow with a free open area of up to 46% offering perfect temperature control for your installation.
Noise reduction properties have been rigorously tested in Australia’s leading testing centres and Airocle’s louvres achieved high noise reduction performance in extreme operating conditions.
To offer a complete solution, our range of acoustic louvres can be customised to provide full weather-proofing and protection from birds, insects and vermin. Contact our team to learn more.